Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Wacky Wednesday

As I don't have any new pictures with me at work, I will do something different for this post of "Wacky Wednesday" similar to the idea of "10 on Tuesday" that a good friend uses, who knows how many I'll get to.

1. Do you have a carbon monoxide detector? I sure hope if you're reading this, you do! We recently lost a very special person in our family, Pops, (Travis' grandpa) the dogs didn't make it either. By the time Pops' body sent off for the autopsy he was 67% full of the deadly poison. PLEASE PLEASE don't take this odorless, colorless poison lightly. The cause was from a water heater malfunction, the autoshut off didn't shut off. We know Pops is in a better place and with someone he missed so much, Grandma....we will miss him.

2. Preschool... everyday is a fun for all of us whether it's for Karli to be part of the drop off or pick up Sissy or to hear Aubrey's excitement from each day and teach Karli to sign "there are 7 days", she's wore out by the end of her day as she's there full days/every day. Last night at supper it consisted of Aubrey twirling her hair saying "daddy I have a boyfriend." He lectures her consistantly on no boyfriends. As he asked questions, the description was coming to be Travis but a mini-version. To try and keep a straight face and ask a 4-year-old questions.

3. Babies. Karli LOVES babies, she received two for her birthday but one became a fast favorite, it smells like peaches. I didn't think she cared if we would forget the baby at home on daycare days, boy was I mistaken. Travis smells the baby and says "Peeewwww", hmmm guess what Karli does. Thanks Travis!

4. A great-great grandpa! The girls got to see him this past Saturday as he asked to go see his family and take pictures. He would be Travis' Grandma Rosie's dad. He is 95, lives by himself at home and has a very good mind, provided he takes his meds. He even did his famous little dance for us.

5. POWWOW time... It starts tomorrow and runs through the wee hours of the morning on Sunday... the Annual United Tribes International Powwow. If you haven't ever taken one it, they're fun, especially the Grand Entry the 7 p.m. one by all means is the BEST! And you won't starve either. ALL are invited. I will be working at it Thursday and Friday.

6. How appropriate? At number 6 and we celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary this past Sunday. To think how our lives have changed in the past 6 years.... or 60 as Travis likes to say.