Thursday, May 14, 2009

Oh the NERVE!


I was rudely awaken last night at 3 a.m. to a little voice which I at first thought was saying something in the lines of "pee", yah my ears aren't functioning properly due to a long overdue sinus infection. Come to find out this little person is saying BEE! If you haven't figured out... it's Aubrey who's up. She was very calm about it all (I have to give her some credit), I asked about this bee. "There's a bee on my bed." So as funny as I can be at 3 a.m., I had her show me this bee - she pointed exactly where this bee is on her pillow. Nope no bee to be found. :-)

This morning when I woke Aubrey up I asked her about the bee. She said there were two bees: one was chasing her and the other one was chasing me. I can only imagine how this dream is going to grow within the days to come, if she remembers it.

The poor girl is so afraid of a fly and it's now wearing on her little sister too. An ANT bothers Karli. However Karli is known to chase Aubrey around with a dead fly. She'll still say she likes mosquitoes, probably because she hasn't been stung yet this year.

Earlier this week when there weren't snowflakes at our house (like yesterday!) there was a huge bumblebee that Aubrey and I were watching and talking about - I'm trying different avenues to calm her fear of bugs. When we came in the house she was teasing that it was in the house and behind me.