
Spring is finally arriving, better late than never? March and April flew by as do most days, months, years, right?... with the storms, flooding, travel and play time.
Construction season is slowly starting for Travis... first he will be watching the repairing of some pipe stuff that the flood waters ruined, help out with some surveying projects and eventually end up on Expressway with some bridge overlay... if I understood the lingo properly.
I went to New Orleans the last week of April for an ACT conference. An interesting city but no place I foresee myself living. I took a few friends' advice to try out the food, thanks for the recommendations... it was GREAT food like the seafood with cajun and beneigh's (french doughnuts) and I have 40+ pounds to lose now. This month I will be heading to Washington D.C. for another conference. Normally travel is once in the year for a conference, this spring/summer is a little more.
Karli is talking more and more and with that comes lots of laughs as you may very well know with our house. She LOVES music! At the moment "Boom Boom Pow" is a favorite. I think Travis might be regreting introducing that song to her. She'll do just about anything for her Sissy. The other night Aubrey had the dog leash and Karli attached to it and they were going "potty" then Karli would be put in the kennel (on a bench). The first time they were going out Karli pointed to the door as Aubrey pulled her to the bedroom. Karli obviously knew she was to be a puppy and puppies go potty outside.
Aubrey's story now days??? HA! She's close to 4 and we'll see where we go from there. No day is ever the same for this girl. She talks about preschool just about daily now, she has a few more months before she starts that - hope her excitement for preschool continues. We never know what to expect her to say. "Thanks A Lot" is a favorite song of Aubrey's, she doesn't have Grandpa Tom or her uncle's singing ability but we'll keep working on that. And the things she tells daycare or what she tells us about daycare or being at Grandma's are very enlightening, we say "WHAT!?!!?!" a lot. :-) And she giggles away.
Last week we headed to my parents for the weekend. We went a few days earlier than planned due to a tragedy in the community. We took in a Just for Kix show that my niece performed in, of course Travis made fun of Class B all the more! It was uplifting to watch Kendra dance and she did a really good job. The picture is of the girls with my parents on as we're getting ready to go to the dance... Karli was probably overheating with her jacket on, she loves to have her jacket and/or shoes/rain boots on and gets very upset when we take them off.
Happy Mother's Day to all of you Moms who read this blog... I know there is one out there, and you know who you are as I've pondered to quit updating this. I will continue to keep this up, just be patient.