

This past weekend we had company... the McCloud's were sort of dull from busy work days but we had a lot of fun catching up with my great friend, Steph and her little boy, Ian. It was entertaining to see the kids as well as spat. Ian sported around with some dress up shoes. It's so nice to have them closer to Bismarck, don't see them nearly as much as we would like but it's much better than a six hour drive like previously.
Saturday morning we ventured out for the Subway Get Fit race, met up with the rest of my running clan. It was a dreary day. Steph placed first in her age group, we had left before the awards so we found out today on our times and if she had placed. Very proud of her. As for myself... I did alright, far from the top three but my time continues to improve. September I'm on a Marathon Relay, I said I would only commit if I could be the shortest leg of the run with the longest legs. So I NEED to get a 4 mile run under my belt, more would be better. The back my mind from being a farm girl tells me - THAT'S A SECTION! Well at least here one advantage is the atmosphere. I have a couple more 5K's that I'm doing before the September one. Excited for the Medora run, should be another challenge with more hills like this past one. I got in to 5K's with friends about a year ago, there has been improvement but much more room for improvement.