And it's JUNE with a whopping 52 degrees F this mid-morning.
The first 6 months of 2011 has been eventful. Mother nature is testing from snowstorms causing no work/preschool leading to current flooding (not affecting us personally).
Travis had ankle surgery and has been doing well since that aside from a recent ankle sprain on the other foot, can't win. Work has been keeping Travis busy this spring thus far some 5 a.m. morning and getting home at 11ish, some Saturday's, a Sunday too even. Not everyday, don't worry -- he's okay. The flooding events caused him to do other things like sandbag at various homes of friends and family, move stuff to our garage. And assist with dike building for the DOT, minimal due to the ankle sprain. AND when he's home he's working on our trees and so on.
Aubrey's a count of 4 lost teeth so far... two with a couple hours one day. Eating corn on the cob could be a bit tricky for her. She's currently at Jumpstart Kindergarten this week and next week. They getting her aquainted with the school as well as the staff and some classmates. She seems to be enjoying it and comes home with something fun they did and lots to tell.
Both girls are at the preschool for their summer program, worked best with our summer work schedules and they keep them busy there and out of trouble - somewhat. Aubrey will go on a field trip next week with the preschool, Karli won't be able to go with. Neither can get enough outside time now and tend to be found running the ditch property line with the neighbor girls.
Karli's jabberbox goes nonstop so when they play the quiet game, it's sort of nice.
As for me, I ran my first HALF (13.1 miles) marathon in Fargo this past May part of the 6,000+ runners for the half. I knew going into it I wasn't physically ready but I crossed the finish line without falling over or needing an ambulance ride. BONUS! I wasn't first but I wasn't last either. I may do another in the future but will definitely be training better for it. Otherwise keeping busy with the girls and with work on the daily basis as well as outside testing that occurs like ACTs and such.
We have our first McCloud garden - yea we are still making "firsts" at our house. I say it's a hillbilly garden. We shall see what comes up. If it's just pumpkins, I'll be okay with that. The weather hasn't been all that great so I'm not expecting much at this point.
Some day I'll add some pictures on here too...