Tuesday, December 30, 2008

"I'm never coming ever again!"


Ah... the joys of a 3 1/2 year old and her sentence after an immunization shot. Walking into the clinic she said "I don't want owie legs". From a sweet little angel to a little pill we deal with pretty much on a daily basis. Today Aubrey had a well-child check and got caught up on immunizations/vaccinations. She did great stepping on the scale weighing in the 93rd percentile at 39.8 pounds and stood for a measurement in the 97th percentile at 42". Her height impressed the staff, little do they know what her mom's side looks like for height. :-) She was good doing what the nurse and doctor asked her to do. Karli had her flu shot first, I wasn't so sure that was a good idea but just went with it, it hardly phased Karli. When she realized she had a shot, they were done. So that proved to Aubrey she'd be fine. HA! Karli went off with Travis for x-rays of her tummy due to bowel movement problems. Aubrey was concerned for her little sister but I convinced her we had to get her gown off and clothes on before she left the room. In came the nurse with the flu vaccination mist for Aubrey, she fought that then came the shot and it was "NO NO NO" kicking and screaming, the nurse held the legs, I head the arms, a little sweaty but she did say bye to the nurse and got a sticker and a circle band-aid. I got a picture with my cell phone of Aubrey in her gown, she thought it was sort of goofy and shows by her smile (prior to her poke!).